A leading polytechnic institution offering capability and industry-oriented programs; deriving its strengths from the tradition of polytechnics, particularly the business-professional partnerships in developing a competent person responsive to his needs and to the community.
NIPSC, as a state- supported institution [established pursuant to B.P.500], aims to provide education and training for human resource development to accelerate and sustain the socio-economic transformation of its service areas by offering quality, relevant, accessible, and effective polytechnic programs.
Goals And Objectives
More specifically, NIPSC is committed to:
- Provide education that will promote personal development, social responsibility, technological proficiency, and professional integrity;
- Provide responsible professionals/leaders, competent technologists, highly-skilled technicians and workers, and dynamic entrepreneurs for rural development;
- Undertake research and extension to further knowledge and technology transfer;
- Enhance its critical role in community development and to achieve balance growth;
- Use planning to effectively respond to the changing environment, and to achieve balanced growth;
- To turn out competent graduates in the polytechnic areas, who are prepared for occupational and professional requirements, and gainful employment;
- Improve the instructional resources e.g. libraries, classrooms, laboratories and workshops;
- Provide opportunities for students’ expressions of their aesthetics, physical, intellectual, emotional and social development;
- Strengthen faculty competencies through in-service program, scholarship and study assistance;
- Support the faculty to undertake action research aimed at improving the teaching and learning situation;
- Enhance the management capabilities of key officials through the use of participatory decision- making;
- Contribute to community improvement by encouraging faculty and staff members to become leaders/officers and members of civic, professional, religious and other NGO’s in the service area;
- Use research to generate knowledge and find solutions to social problems;
- Make institutional development planning as a means for responding to changes; and
- Promote a college environment that is conducive to the pursuit of learning and other academic activities.