RULES AND REGULATIONS
As an integral part of a dynamic educational institution, the NIPSC Library aims to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to learning, research and relaxation. For this reason, library users are expected to conform to certain standards of conduct to maintain conducive learning environment.
In order to perform its functions to the satisfaction of all library users the following rules should be strictly observed:
- Silence and proper decorum must be observed at all times in the library.
- Smoking, eating or doing industrial works are strictly prohibited.
- Chairs are to be returned to their proper places before leaving.
- Leaving waste papers and other scrap on the tables, chairs or floor is forbidden.
- Books in the reading areas should not be returned to the shelves but left on the table to avoid being misplaced.
- Use of library card. No library card no entry.
- All bonafide students, faculty and staff of NIPSC are entitled to the use of the library upon presentation of their library cards. Library card is a permit to enter and use library materials. This card is non-transferable. Library cards used by non-owners will be confiscated.
- Validated library card must be presented when borrowing and returning library materials.
- All library users should present their library card before entering the library. No Library Card, No School ID, No Entry.
- Upon leaving the library, all library users are required to:
- Open and show their bags, folders and big envelopes.
- Show every library materials that are to be taken outside of the library for inspection.
The library offers the following services to its users:
- Loan Services
- Reference and information services
- Photocopy services
- Internet services
- Electronic resources (e-books, e-journals etc.)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Automated attendance system
- IAMSLIC Digital Fisheries Library
Note: There are services which are not applicable to other campuses.