A leading polytechnic institution offering capability and industry-oriented programs; deriving its strengths from the tradition of polytechnics, particularly the business-professionals partnership in developing a competent person responsive to his needs and to the community.
NIPSC, as a state-supported institution established pursuant to B. P. 500, aims to provide education and training for human resource development to accelerate and sustain the socio-economic transformation of its service area by offering quality, relevant, accessible, and effective polytechnic programs.
More specifically, NIPSC is committed to:
- Provide education that will promote personal development, social responsibility, technological proficiency, and professional integrity;
- Provide responsible professionals/leaders, competent technologists, highly skilled technicians and workers, and dynamic entrepreneurs for rural development;
- Undertake research and extension to further knowledge and technology transfer;
- Enhance its critical role in community development; and
- Use planning to effectively respond to the changing environment, and to achieve balance growth.
Goals and Objectives
- To turn out competent graduates in the polytechnic areas, who are prepared for occupational and professional requirements, and gainful employment;
- To improve the instructional resources e.g. libraries, classrooms, laboratories and workshops;
- To provide opportunities for student’s expressions of their aesthetics, physical, intellectual, emotional and social development;
- To strengthen faculty competencies through in service program, scholarship and study assistance;
- To support the faculty to undertake action research aimed at improving the teaching and learning situation;
- To enhance the management capabilities of key official through the use of participatory decision making;
- To contribute to community improvement by encouraging faculty and staff members to become leaders/officers and members of civic, professional, religious and other NGO’s in the service area;
- To use research to generate knowledge and find solutions to social problems;
- To make institutional development planning as a means for responding to changes;
- To promote a college environment that is conductive to the pursuit of learning and other academic activities.